Saturday, May 14, 2016

TV shows that have run it's Course










Sometimes shows either completely stink, run their course by staying too long at a party, get axed too soon.
So here's a small list of a few...



1. "Scandal" - I'm under the belief that Olive Pope is her one of her father's "Manchurian Candidates" and may not realize. Now even more so now after (Spoiler, Spoiler, Spoiler, Spoiler) her first "kill" this fifth season...
 Olivia Pope started out as a smart "Spin Doctor" and now she's become this dumb person who's obviously not smart enough to accept that her father can't be trusted and thus should be taken out as they were 2 seasons ago (?)
Now, the show is just a re-tread of the current presidential debate drama... (basically a "re-run").
I think one last season with the 1st female president story line and then cut the cord on this one.



Regardless, I'm sure the series will end in a dark manner.

2. "Empire" - I only stayed with this show for the first season and already knew it will not go five seasons (I say no more than three). The story lines are brief with temp villainous characters that were tossed off in one week or so.
This definitely no "dynasty" here.
Fox also is not loyal and rarely nurture many shows on a long term basis once there's an inkling of a ratings slip, "DUNZO". The same network that tried to bury "The X-Files". moving it to Friday nights (what's considered a "burial slot" for shows). 

3. "2 Broke Girls" - This show started airing "Adult" humor at 8pm and it was cool at first but by the time I got to Season 4, although the humor was still the same the plot devices started to look silly to me (maybe it was always)... Episodes are dumbed down attmept at slapstick and the adult humor is all the show offers.

4. “Castle” - *(FYI, This show has officially been Canceled but I felt that I should continue with my thoughts)

I don't really know (at this point) the BTS drama but if one of your leads characters is gone then it may be time for the show to end its run. Not to say the show can't be a future success but the original concept was a Rom-Com/Crime/buddy show. If the show moves on with Castle still married but Beckett has disappeared (there were a few different endings that were supposedly filmed for the finale which airs in two days after this post)... 

Was the new concept to hide Beckett for the remainder of its run , to have her show up at the very LAST episode of the show?  
ABC made the right call

5. "Agent Carter " - I was a big fan of the first season but the second season was boring and dragged out. I was actually glad it completed it's season after about 12 episodes. Agent Carter is the type of show that Marvel should bring back periodically on Netflix with a five to seven episode story line that are just as fast paced as the first season

And in closing if in the world of The Silent Film Group producing the show "Empire" we would have gone with actor Wesley Snipes as "Lucius Lyon". One,  he's the better actor  and two because of the New Jack City ties... The current show already had Judd Nelson
The TSFG version would 
have definitely placed actor Allen Payne (aka G-Money) to portray a character to play off against Snipes. 

And I always thought Angela Basset would have been perfectly cast in "Scandal" as "Olivia Pope".

Oh well.

P.S. If Allen Payne pops up on that show, you know where they got it from.

6.  I forgot to add "Quantico" I can't recall watching a show where I despised the lead character so much and her supporting characters as well. The lead character, "Alex" the lead is as nosy as they come and will screw her friends over (in the her past and the present). And many of the supporting FBI agent characters are simply not interesting to me. 
I sat through the entire season to give the show a chance and see if there would be some shocking cliffhanger.... YAWN!!!! 

I had already told some people on other boards who was the true villain. 
I honestly watched the show because the admiration for actress Aunjanue Ellis and was glad to see her on a show where she seemed to have substance.... But I will not be back for S2. I'd rather watch a far more interesting show (yet almost similar) "BlindSpot" and yet, I haven't completed that season as well.... 


Keeping My fingers crossed.








1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.